Random

This is just a random blog for you. I know you've been checking and so disappointed with my bad day blog that you just keep thinking I keep having a bad day. Well knock it off! I'm actually having a very relaxing day today. Alex is with his Papa and Kayla is sleeping. I've spent some decent time working on the computer AND calling for quotes for a fence. Yes, we will have a fence this year and I can let the children play outside without worrying that they'll run into the street. Plus, what would be ideal is if I can work on the computer, lounging outside with my lemonade, watching the children. That all depends on if the sun is blaring on my computer screen and roasting my legs then I'll just work in the house.
Today I also did some minor shopping. I didn't get everything done that I wanted to because Kayla has her time limit. At about 10 o'clock she needs a nap or she's not happy. I think I put her down at around 11 so she's been sleeping about 4 hours. So nice!!
The only concern now is the dreaded - what to make for dinner. I've been off my cooking spree. I just don't want to cook anymore, my creativity is gone and I just don't care. Maybe when the weather gets cold, I'll get the cooking bug again :) So don't plan on coming to my house for something good unless you're going to make it!
The Fourth of July is next week. My mom will be in town and there are various activies we have planned next week. It will be fun to see Alex and the fireworks. He loved them last year and he saw a flier the other day with fireworks on it and he was pretty excited. Now Kayla - she might just throw a fit and scream the whole time. She's not one for loud noises.
It's kind of strange how life changes a person, especially with children. When I was a kid, I loved the fireworks. As I got older, it was old hat and no big deal and I'd rather stay home. But fireworks were pretty cool watching them with a boyfriend - you know, making sparks fly!! But then you get married and you want to hold on to some traditions and then you have kids. And it's so fun to share with your children the things you did as a kid and watch them love it too!
Maybe we'll have pancakes for dinner!
I told you - RANDOM!!

2 comments:

I love the random blog. I also love fireworks...something about my childhood. And I also dislike cooking in the heat but seem to be more creative in the winter. Hmmm...could we be related. Oh, I can't wait to see you at the family reunion. ~Heather

June 29, 2007 at 6:13 PM  

You are wierd, love your sister!!! See you soon, can't wait to give Kayla her present!!!

June 30, 2007 at 4:35 PM  

Newer Post Older Post Home