Yes, I have been busy but nothing of real note for a great blog so I'll give you a run down.
1. Currently I am babysitting Holly's children. Holly and I trade babysitting once a month so we can go to the temple with our husbands. It's a fabulous set up. You should try it.
2. Finished bottling grape juice today. Holly and I were invited to Aunt Marie's grapes and we indulged.
3. Saturday was our ward chili-cook off. I was debating whether to make chili or open some cans and warm some pre-made chili in my crock pot. I found a recipe with pepperoni in the chili. Trevor thinks anything is good if it has pepperoni in it . . . I should try pepperoni on squash and see what he says. Anyways, I didn't win and I think people weren't too excited about my chili. This was actually great because I was able to take some home and have "free" dinner. Everyone in my house liked it. Also, costumes were encouraged at the cook-off. This is a really long story but I had not bought costumes for my kids yet. We have costumes picked out but the store has never gotten Kayla's in. So . . . we punted. Alex threw a sobbing fit that we didn't have a costume for him and requested that I go and buy him one 30 minutes before we were supposed to leave. He was planning on being an army guy (imagine that). Well he wore his camo-jammie bottoms, and a black t-shirt. Trevor chose the role of accessorizing Alex with a blaster (strap included)

and black face paint (provided by my eyeliner). Alex was pretty happy. Kayla ended up wearing one of her dress-up outfits - Snow White. Unfortunately, I don't have pictures but they looked great!
4. I attended a Tri-Stake Fireside on Sunday for Relief Society. I don't think my area has done a fireside in ages. It was wonderful and such a great night to recharge. The woman who spoke talked about women in the scriptures. My favorite was her interpretation of the 10 virgins in the Bible. We've heard a lot of interpretations but she showed us one of the lamps referred to and it was tiny. She talked about how we only need a few drops of oil to keep the lamp burning. If we run out, we won't lose our testimony but our "light" won't be as bright and we need to fill our lamps everyday.
5. Friday night is always pizza and a movie. I don't know what I'd have to deal with if we skipped this here and there. Alex always knows when it's Friday, it's pizza and a movie. Oh, and Papa informed me that Alex is okay with homemade pizza, it just has to be accompanied with Root Beer!
Siouxzbelle said...
You are such a great writer, even though you thought that what you wrote was just ordinary, it was very informative and entertaining and it makes me feel just that much closer to you and Alex,and Kayla and Briella. I so look forward to seeing what you have written. I check several times a day at times, hoping that something else has been posted!
Love Momma
October 21, 2008 at 10:34 PM
Wallace said...
Sounds like a busy week, all in a days work.
October 22, 2008 at 5:00 PM