I decided to "play" school with my kids for a week. We learned about the Solar System. It was great teaching them and the conversations we'd have. Alex really liked learning about Jupiter and the giant storms. I would catch Kayla playing by herself saying over and over "the planet Earth." I think it's great to give some things to think about and discuss.


School means a trip to the library and lots of reading and studying pictures of the Solar System.
This was our activity when we learned about constellations. It's a black piece of construction paper and we poked holes in it to make a picture. We hung it in the window so the sun could shine through.

This is construction paper with each of the planets cut out. Yes, and I included Pluto. The kids helped glue and place the planets. We used glitter for the asteroid belt and the stars.
This is more of a coloring project. They colored the planets, I cut them out and we glued them on this piece of cardboard.

At the end we decorated yellow cupcakes, with chocolate frosting and colored stars.

0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home