Quick Update

So many things have been happening in my life lately that I haven't found much time to sit down and journal those things along with uploading pictures. I feel that I need to write them down so I don't forget. Forgive me as all my thoughts spew out.
Alex started First Grade yesterday! His teacher's name is Mrs. Reid and I hope she makes him READ! He is a very good reader. He likes his teacher. The only problem he had yesterday was he didn't have enough time to finish his lunch. So he brought the leftovers home and finished them at home. I love him so much! A tradition in my family growing up was to have daddy give us a Father's Blessing before school. We've started that tradition in our family as well.
We spent a couple of days in a family cabin in Cedar City. The offer was presented to my in-laws and we all jumped at the chance. We have never been to this cabin and found it suitable to our needs. The cabin runs off of a generator and we had some technical difficulties with it one morning. But once it was solved, the toilets flushed, and we had electricity! We took a short hike at Zions National Park and overall had a wonderful time. I can't wait until next year!
My Grandpa Hardy passed away a couple of weeks ago on a Sunday. What I thought was special was that my mom was able to be here. She wasn't sure why she came and she wasn't sure why she brought her camera. Actually, she thought she'd go to Education Week but didn't really feel like it and I wanted family pictures done but (warning: major run-on sentence up ahead) I ended up getting a ticket on Thursday at the airport for not updating my registration, which I forgot about because I never got anything in the mail, which caused me an $875 brake job on top of paying for the registration, plus paying for the extra fee for a sticker because I didn't want to drive to Provo, on top of the ticket itself - all on Friday. Then to turnaround and do laundry that night and prep my family and myself to look wonderful and happy for family pictures early the next morning. Yah, forget it. So I was inspired to "trick" my mom into bringing her camera so she could take pictures at the funeral. Anyways, amazing stuff. I could get all spiritual as well but so many things in my life, I've been noticing lately have been a blessing in my life. Hello - check out that ticket, totally saved my life and my family's life as well. Can you imagine if I didn't get the ticket the day I did, didn't get the brakes done the day I did, and drove up the canyon to go to the cabin what could have happened? Blessings, blessings, pouring down on me.
I took a cake class in August and am starting the Advanced class in September. I do have pictures but am too lazy or busy or don't have enough patience to sit an upload them. Heck, I haven't even uploaded all my cruise pictures. Terrible. But I think I am a "Foodie." A "Foodie" is described by Wikipedia as: amateurs who simply love food for consumption, study, preparation, and news. I could study and cook and play with food all day long. It's like a drug, I can't get enough! Let me cook for you!
I went to the Organ Workshop at BYU as well. The blessing there were overwhelming. I felt like the biggest cry baby at the final "ceremony" because I realized all the blessings that happened that week - big and small. The details are way too long to write but they include a band-aid, free $50 organ shoes, reconnecting with a friend, realizing part of my mission (it's going to take a lot of work), feeling the spirit and listening to beautiful music, Trevor taking a day off of work to take Kayla to the doctor and hospital to be tested after a 106 fever, my family willing to babysit my children while I went to the class. I had so many things that were wonderful excuses, not to go, and to stop going in the middle of the workshop. But the blessings received far outweigh the little mishaps I ran into.
That is all for now. I know, not very quick, but quick in my mind.

2 comments:

My goodness! you was one busy girl, and still are, I know what you mean-sometimes time to sit and write is hard, I am more of a paper pen girl, and so my journal entries are few and far between, as are my posts!!

August 26, 2010 at 11:33 AM  

Isn't it amazing how often we look back at a situation and see the Lords hand in things!

August 27, 2010 at 11:11 PM  

Newer Post Older Post Home