 |
| Grandchildren with their pumpkins they decorated at the Cabin. |
 |
| This is our Thompson Family cabin. We spent Wednesday night through Sunday there this past week. It's so nice to get away and spend time with the family. |
 |
| With so many people at the cabin, before we leave, we clean it until it sparkles. Grandpa whispered to me that he wanted to get out of work but I found him working and took this picture to prove it. |
 |
| Grandma and Grandpa brought pumpkins for all the kids to decorate. Instead of pumpkin guts and seeds all over, she had some vinyl sticker faces for the pumpkins. It was perfect and everyone loved making their jack-o'lanterns. |
 |
| Grandma helping Briella |
 |
| Here is Alex with his pumpkin. So cute that he picked a face with glasses! |
 |
| Kayla with her finished pumpkin. We had to work a bit to get the vinyl to stick well and Grandma pulled out her credit cards to help the kids to rub the stickers on. |
 |
| Briella with her pumpkin. LOVE her smile and bright eyes! |
We love going to the cabin. My kids wish we could live there. This past week was heavenly. The weather was so, so nice. Hiking around, the smell of the fall leaves was breathtaking. The kids loved playing at a small lake and throwing rocks in. Alex found a lot of snail shells there and collected them. Unfortunately, he brought them home and left them in the car. The smell the next day was horrendous. I had no idea what the smell was until I went searching and found a sandwich bad with the snail shells. Bleh!!
Trevor and I did some serious hiking one day. We climbed over a small stream and hiked a steep small mountain. I swear I was stepping in bear tracks but Trevor said they were moose tracks. I just can't imagine those huge animals walking up that steep mountain. We came to a place that was completely empty of any civilization and so quiet. We had a fun time hiking. We got some reading done and tons of eating yummy food from all the amazing cooks in our family!
Some of the highlights are seeing the wildlife at the cabin. We saw a lot of deer this weekend but didn't see our friendly moose until we were leaving. Trisha and Kyle were off to the side of the road and we thought maybe they were having troubles. They pointed out the moose to us. I tried to take a picture but my camera was on video. So here is a quick (don't blink) video of the moose. They were lucky it didn't charge their car!
0 comments:
Post a Comment