I know I haven't been very diligent at blogging lately. I'm hoping for a baby to come soon! But I know, anything can happen. Names? Nothing. You are welcome to submit your ideas and we'll look them over!
Let's see, what can I tell you that happened today. I was chatting online with my cousin and Trevor comes and asks me if it's been too quiet. I really didn't notice it being quiet. But whenever it's quiet, it usually isn't good. Trevor then invited me into Alex's room. The smell was a rich, clean, minty smell. Alex had gotten some invigorating leg gel and thought it was glue. So he used it to glue a bunch of sticks/wood together, put it all over his tools and his desk. It's a clear gel with the consistency of hair gel. Not something that you want all over everything. I told Alex he needed to wash his toys, I disposed of the box and the wood, and Trevor wiped everything clean. His room smells great though!
I babysat for my sister, Holly, last night as they went to Scott's Christmas party. Everything went smoothly until it was bedtime. Jackson acted as if his pet monkey had suffered a severe death and his head was all droopy with tears coming down. After I got Annalee to bed, I proceeded to put Jackson to bed, which woke up Annalee. All in all, both children were awake when mom and dad came home. But they were safe :)
Alex has been sleeping in his bed for a month now and we are all happy for this change. Now we are trying to convert Kayla to her new bed in a new room. The "santa" conversation worked for the first night and the next night she cried herself to sleep. We just hope when the baby arrives she will understand that someone else is in her bed and it's not hers anymore . . . poor little girl.
Wallace said...
Alex is an inventor of sorts, that's too bad that the gel didn't work. My heart goes out to Kayla, (dumb line, I know, but I sympathize with her) She's too young to sleep in a big girl bed.
December 8, 2007 at 3:55 PM
Kate said...
Mindy! I haven't talked to you forever. I'm ornery and pregnant. How are you feeling? I'll try to get on to chat soon.
December 8, 2007 at 9:24 PM
Anonymous said...
It's hard to be kicked out of your bed and not really know the reason why. That's where sibling rivalry comes in. I was told decades later that that was why my sister hated me growing up. In her mind, I took her place as the youngest in the family and THAT WAS NOT LIKED. Be gentle on her, shes just a baby!
December 11, 2007 at 6:46 AM