Report for today

I still have blogger's block but I'll do my best at giving you something to read, even if it's just ramblings of my life.
We go to church every Sunday at 9:00 am. We share a building (not a stake center) with three other wards. At times, we are like sardines, squishing through the halls to get to the next class. Kayla is old enough to go to nursery but she still doesn't like the idea. I don't like the idea either because she cries, and then I have to sit with her and try not to hyperventilate while watching the other children and all their issues as well. So, Kayla and I usually go to my class first until I have enough energy and motivation to either sit with her in nursery, or drop her off and run. Last week Alex (still in nursery) came home with his pockets full. He stole some cars from nursery and was quite upset when we told him we had to take them back. Hopefully he got it, that we don't take toys from the nursery.
Trevor had the opportunity to speak in church today. He was called last night at 7:00 and was told all the other auxiliary leaders would be speaking as well. So this meant there would be eight speakers (and a rest hymn). He requested to be last, thinking he wouldn't have any time to speak. Well, when seven people take 2 minutes to speak really fast, it leaves plenty of stress for Trevor at the end. Instead of paraphrasing some of his talk, he made sure to read through his story. He was also told that he didn't have to fill up the rest of the meeting. He made it through and church was let out on time and he did a good job.
One of my callings is the song director in sacrament meeting. Sometimes I lipsync the song because I'm so out of breath that singing makes me lightheaded. I also make conscious note not to lock my knees. So picture me, due to have a baby, lip syncing the hymns with my knees bent. It's a funny thought but we don't need a pregnant chick passing out - so I try to take precautions.
We had a day and a half of snow. I love the snow but I don't like cleaning up puddles on the floor. Alex likes the snow as well - both to play in and eat. Don't you worry, I've told him all about eating snow and all the germs, etc., but what do you do? I know you ate snow when you were little and you turned out half-way decent :)
I still don't know what to name this little baby. I thought girl names were so easy because there are so many cute names but we are at a stand still. I've looked through 3000 names already on my own and Trevor has done the same. I still have about 5000 more to look through on a baby name website. You'd think we'd be able to narrow something down but nothing is sticking. So again, you are welcome to submit ideas.
I'm off now to take a nap, for it is a day of rest, and I need some rest.

2 comments:

Sunday sounds exciting. We had a gentleman trip and fall, everyone thought that was his last moments of life. They called 911, this was during the meeting, and the ambulance came in. They took him away, but I guess he just tripped and all is well! Don't faint or have your baby at church. That's like 600 bystanders with their 2 eyes, 1200, on you! Love you.

December 10, 2007 at 2:40 PM  

Remember Brother Wayman? That is how Brother Wayman died. He got up in church and spoke and then keeled over. Quite a dramatic way to go.Like Angie, I think I would rather not have 1200 eyes on me.

I was at a funeral for Brother Steele from our ward and his daughter got up to speak and she passed out. When she came to she got up and said, Dad would just die if he saw me do that! " I thought that was funny!"

Love Momma

December 11, 2007 at 6:41 AM  

Newer Post Older Post Home