Two weeks ago we did this five-minute family home evening. Which I threw together in 30 seconds. Family home evening is very fast when you have small children. I wanted the entire month to focus on the birth of Christ so I've been coming up with different ideas to get my point across and teach my little ones about what Christmas is. So on this particular day, I wanted to have them dress a little like Mary and Joseph with the baby Jesus. First we talked about Joseph and how he was a carpenter - thus the Lowe's tool apron with tools and wood in the front pockets. I had to make him look more authentic as well so I threw his blanket on his head with an old red headband. Kayla's was a little easier. I just threw her blanket on her. Then I explained to them a few things about Mary and
Joseph. Next, I needed a manger . . . check out the upside down stool, and baby doll. And (you can't see it in the picture) but there is shredded documents for the straw. I say, I was quite creative in 30 seconds of pulling this together. I just wish Kayla would have held still and my camera phone would have worked better but I think you get the idea
Wallace said...
I love it, I wish I could've been there .
December 14, 2007 at 10:06 AM
Kate said...
Cute! You're a good momma.
I have been trying to think of a baby girl name for you, but I have my own to worry about sister. Just name her Kate and call it a day.
December 14, 2007 at 9:33 PM