I figured, I'd better update my blog with the latest happenings, which isn't really anything new but I'm sure you all want to read something different so, have fun!
Today is Thursday, which means, it's "Papa Day." I took Alex to Orem this morning, then took Briella to her two-month appointment for a check up. She is doing well, weighs in at 11 lbs and is 21.5 inches long. Which means, she's in the 50 percentile for weight and I think 10 percentile in length. So, she's average weight and short. But I think she's quite long and just right :) She has a small deltoid cyst on her foot which she's had since she was born. I didn't think much of it but I asked the doctor about it today. He said they have removed them but they'll wait a while and see if it grows.
After the doctor, we went grocery shopping. Kayla wanted to ride in one of those carts that have a little car thing in the front. She felt as if she were driving the cart. I hate grocery shopping these days. I don't know why, maybe it's because I do it so frequently but not frequent enough, if that makes sense.
Tonight is Bunko. I hope I win and if not, I win anyways because I don't have to make dinner. It's so nice though. Trevor takes the kids out on a "date" and they usually get something to eat. In the summertime he's taken them to the park as well on their date/bunko night.
Tomorrow we are getting together with some people in our ward for a "date." It's more or less a cheap date, but would be expensive if we went out. One couple is getting sushi from Walmart, we're making lettuce wraps, and another couple is bringing dessert. We'll have the date at my home and eat and play games. The other couples have a little bit older kids that they'll stay at home but my dad has volunteered to watch mine.
Also, tomorrow I hope to reach my goal of running for three miles, three times this week! I ran three miles on Monday and Wednesday and hope to have the energy, motivation, and willpower to run tomorrow. I've been consistently working out pretty much everyday since Briella was 2 wks old by walking and doing some running but I'm ready to take my working out to another level. I just hope I can be consistent with it. I did very well after Kayla was born and I'd like to get back into those size 3 and 5 clothes!
My computer is handicapped right now. I am using the laptop, which is hooked up to an external hard drive, the internet, and about five other things. I'm not looking at the laptop screen, I'm looking at my desktop monitor and using the desktop keyboard and mouse. My computer is laying down on my dresser with a bunch of computer guts all around it. Trevor is working on upgrading our computer and it's taking some time but it should be a kick-A computer once it's fixed.
This week I've been doing a little bit more work "at" my job. I may get in another hour this week. I really wish they had 20 hours a week for me to do. I don't know where I'd find the time, but I'd find the time in the early mornings and late nights.
We are all happy and healthy. Well, Kayla's not. She's been so cranky. She's getting some more teeth and I think a cold is creeping up on her as well. What else . . . you are probably so bored reading this but hey, I've filled you in on this week.
Heather said...
Wow! You sound so busy but it also sounds like so much fun. I wish I was a fly on the wall to observe all that socializing, or just your cool cousin that could come to your home and teach you how to make your own sushi. Oh well, maybe in six months or so. Anyway, have so much fun! ANd I know that you'll get back to your desired weigh...you are very determined.
March 6, 2008 at 3:59 PM
Elise said...
oh my gosh...I was excited when I got down to a size 12. Are you really a size 3!!!???? I hate to be rude...but I haven't SEEN you in years...literally. Are you really that small??? You must look SO GOOD. Holy cow I am so jealous. Really, like so jealous. Great job on the running! 3 miles 3 times a week is GREAT! You should do the 5K in SLC in April!
March 6, 2008 at 10:12 PM
Mindy said...
My "normal" size is an 8 but I did get into some size 2 Old Navy pants a year ago (I think they were sized wrong but I like to think I was a size 2) But yes, I got down pretty small and it was so fun to fit into anything and look good. I wanted to go to your run thing in February but it was cold, and worrying about a newborn, etc. Send me more info about the 5K and I'll look into it.
March 7, 2008 at 7:49 AM