This is a term that I only use with my sister but I've decided to share it with you, the whole internet!
It means a picture-perfect moment, or an unrealistic expectation.
I had a "running-through-the-wheat-fields-naked" moment and it brought me to tears. Now you chuckle because you think this post is going to be about someone naked but ha, it's not.
For family home evening we let Alex/Kayla choose a song. Usually it's "Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star," or "Jesus wants me for a Sunbeam" or "The ABC's." After knowing Kayla can sing "I Love to See the Temple" with all the correct words, mom and dad chose "I Love to See the Temple" to be sung at FHE. No one was jumping on the couch or fighting, Briella was being quiet, and all the rest of us, even Alex were singing that song. The peace and joy that I felt in that moment was overwhelming - it was a running-through-the-wheat-fields-naked moment!
Kate said...
Oh that is so sweet!
October 11, 2008 at 1:07 PM
Amber Williams said...
I am laughing because we just barely had FHE and we sang "Twinkle Twinkle" and "ABCs". It was not a running through wheat fields naked night, however, because Kaden threw the hugest tantrum ever when we sang "I am a Child of God". So GOOD for you!
October 13, 2008 at 7:09 PM