Merry Christmas

We had a very enjoyable Christmas and I apologize for the lack of pictures but we put it on the video camera and I'm too tired and lazy to try and post some of it on my blog so you'll have to enjoy reading.
I don't understand why I can't play the sleeping parent on Christmas. The entire night, I was tossing and turning and thinking of Christmas and how excited I was. No one else in the house seemed to have a problem sleeping. Finally at 8:00, me, the pregnant one, tells Trevor to get up, get the video camera and we woke the children up. Alex did very well with his training on opening up gifts. I told him, he needed to open all his gifts before playing with them. In the past years, he's demanded that we take everything out of the boxes to let him play with it until he decided to open another gift. Boy toys - they are all screwed into the box with real metal screws so it takes a bit of time. Anyways, Kayla had fun opening her gifts as well. Alex really liked his big Tonka dump truck and Kayla like her dollies with a stroller.
After we opened our gifts, we got ready and went to the Thompson's for their traditional breakfast, which is pancakes and an egg/sausage casserole. I remember the first Christmas breakfast, I didn't care for the casserole but now, I can't get enough . . . it's so good! After breakfast we all gathered together to open gifts from everyone. I think the highlight was the last gift, given to everyone that Trisha made/designed. She made an ancestrial book through her work. It's 100 pages and very professionally done with pictures, stories, etc., from Trevor's geneaology. Grandma-Great was there looking through the book as well. She started to cry looking at one of the pages of her family . . . which made us all cry. We had to tell Trisha to turn the page, but the next page made her cry as well. It was very special.
After, we went home and I made a salad for our dinner at my dad's. We had a turkey dinner and everyone brought something. All my sisters were there and the food was so yummy! Alex and Jackson were the tazmanian devils on speed and Kayla and Analee were their cute little girl selves. We opened gifts from everyone and had a great time. We went home and rested from our long day of celebration. Thank you to everyone for making our Christmas special, and especially Jesus Christ for his birth, his life, and his sacrifice.

0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home