Briella Thompson Born: Saturday, December 29th, 2007
Weight: 7 lb 13 oz
Time: 8:46 am
Length: 19.5 inches
THE STORY:
Friday, around 3:00 in the afternoon I knew I was going to have a baby within 24 hours. I had a couple stronger contractions and knew the time was nearing. I was so excited! I made my last meal (for a while, hopefully) for dinner for my family - pizza and went about daily routines normally. I went to bed, knowing, I could be up all night as well but I wanted to get in as much rest as possible. Trevor decided he needed to get in some finger time with the xbox controller instead of rest (crazy, I know). He came to bed early in the morning and I was wide awake,
because strong contractions don't usually relax me.
I had been timing the contractions all throughout the night but wasn't convinced it was time to go to the hospital. The contractions were strong but not paralyzing and they'd fluctate between 15 and 20 minutes apart. Sometimes they were longer and sometimes shorter but nothing was getting consistent until 7:00 am. Then all of the sudden they were two minutes apart and still strong. I called the nurse midwife at 7:30 and told her my symptoms. She said I could go to the hospital and get checked. I told Trevor it was time and he got everything ready to go. We got in the car, called
Grandma and Papa, and went to the hospital. Ten minutes later, Briella was born. Yes, she was born at the hospital but they almost had her delivered in the triage room. I was very confused after they checked me because they were talking about me having her in the triage room and asking if I could move. I asked them what was going on, and what my dilation was and they said you're at a
10, fully dilated. I was like "what about an epidural?" It was too late. Trevor, in the meantime had gone to switch cars or car seats with his parents but the nurse told him not to leave. He came back in the room and almost missed the birth. Everything went fine, considering I had nothing to dull any pain but I'm glad it's over and she is healthy. We are home now and I'm trying to recover. I've been getting help from both our families and appreciate each and every one of them.
Kate said...
OH MY GOSH!! Awesome! She is a sweetie. :) I will come and bring you a treat soon.
January 2, 2008 at 1:26 PM
LehiPrep said...
Wahoo!! I am so glad she is here and you are both safe. She is so beautiful. We can't wait to see her in person, but the web cam was definitely nice to see her and Kayla and Alex. We love you and are happy for you and Trevor.
Love Momma
January 2, 2008 at 10:40 PM
Dave and Loralee said...
congratulations guys. She's a beautiful little girl.
January 3, 2008 at 6:38 PM
The Sorensen Family said...
She is so beatiful! Congrats! I finally got your blog addy from Kareena, so I'll be keeping up to date. Take care!
Andrea :)
January 6, 2008 at 6:26 PM
The P*dunc's said...
Yeah, she is finally here! Glad to hear that everything went well in the end! More pictures please!
January 14, 2008 at 7:34 PM